Our research is centered around the understanding, design, development, and evaluation of computing solutions and human-machine interfaces that improve the way we interact with, work with, and communicate through machines. A majority of our research considers AI driven Extended Reality user interfaces in the context of physical and mental health, such as Virtual-, Mixed- or Augmented Reality systems. Examples of these are assistive technologies for medical procedures or systems to assess and diagnose pathologies and disorders.
No projects found.
- BenSiSaid, K., Ababou, N., Ababou, A., Roth, D., & von Mammen, S. (2021). Tracking rower motion without on-body sensors using an instrumented machine and an artificial neural network. Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers Part P-Journal of Sports Engineering and Technology. https://dx.doi.org/10.1177/17543371211014108
- Wirth, M., Gradl, S., Prosinger, G., Kluge, F., Roth, D., & Eskofier, B. (2021). The impact of avatar appearance, perspective and context on gait variability and user experience in virtual reality. In Proceedings - 2021 IEEE Conference on Virtual Reality and 3D User Interfaces, VR 2021 (pp. 326-335). Virtual, Lisboa, PRT: Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc..
- Wirth, M., Kohl, S., Gradl, S., Farlock, R., Roth, D., & Eskofier, B. (2021). Assessing visual exploratory activity of athletes in virtual reality using head motion characteristics. Sensors, 21(11). https://dx.doi.org/10.3390/s21113728
- Yu, K., Gorbachev, G., Eck, U., Pankratz, F., Navab, N., & Roth, D. (2021). Avatars for Teleconsultation: Effects of Avatar Embodiment Techniques on User Perception in 3D Asymmetric Telepresence. IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics. https://dx.doi.org/10.1109/TVCG.2021.3106480
- Bente, G., Novotny, E., Roth, D., & Al-Issa, A. (2020). Beyond Stereotypes: Analyzing Gender and Cultural Differences in Nonverbal Rapport. Frontiers in Psychology, 11. https://dx.doi.org/10.3389/fpsyg.2020.599703
- Feigl, T., Gruner, L., Mutschler, C., & Roth, D. (2020). Real-Time Gait Reconstruction for Virtual Reality Using a Single Sensor. In Adjunct Proceedings of the 2020 IEEE International Symposium on Mixed and Augmented Reality, ISMAR-Adjunct 2020 (pp. 84-89). Ipojuca, Pernambuco, BR: Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc..
- Martin-Gomez, A., Winkler, A., Yu, K., Roth, D., Eck, U., & Navab, N. (2020). Augmented Mirrors. In Proceedings - 2020 IEEE International Symposium on Mixed and Augmented Reality, ISMAR 2020 (pp. 217-226). Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc..
- Roth, D., Jording, M., Schmee, T., Kullmann, P., Navab, N., & Vogeley, K. (2020). Towards Computer Aided Diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder Using Virtual Environments. In Proceedings - 2020 IEEE International Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Virtual Reality, AIVR 2020 (pp. 115-122). Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc..
- Roth, D., & Latoschik, M.E. (2020). Construction of the Virtual Embodiment Questionnaire (VEQ). IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics, 26(12), 3546-3556. https://dx.doi.org/10.1109/TVCG.2020.3023603
- Roth, D., Purps, C.F., & Neumann, W.J. (2020). A Virtual Morris Water Maze to Study Neurodegenarative Disorders. In Adjunct Proceedings of the 2020 IEEE International Symposium on Mixed and Augmented Reality, ISMAR-Adjunct 2020 (pp. 141-146). Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc..